Business consulting can take many forms, but these services are designed to help you effectively run your business and make strategic decisions. Examples of some of these engagements include the following:
- New Business Formation
Many people would like to own a business, but careful planning is required because new businesses create unique challenges. Our business start-up services include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in preparation of a business plan
- Select a business structure that fits your tax/legal/operational situation
- Prepare a cash flow budget and determine start-up capital needs
- Prepare bank loan documents
- Select and set up accounting software to monitor financial activity
- Obtain required payroll and sales tax numbers
- Design billing, collection, ordering and payment systems as required
- Design internal control policies and procedures as required
- Financial Analysis
Financial analysis can encompass many calculations and many types of analyses. For example, we can calculate the profitability of various product lines or services or types of jobs. Often, a business may not separate income and related expenses of an activity, job or product. We can help analyze and allocate costs to determine the profitability of that activity, job or product. This should allow the related strategic decision to become clear. This type of analysis can be applied to many other situations to empower your decision making.
- Business Succession Planning
Closely held or family business transfers to the next generation should be carefully planned for maximum success. Succession planning should tackle the tough issues including leadership, ownership and the operational changes that businesses with a strong leader face. The next generation has different talent than the prior and should take advantage of these new skills, but the holes left by the prior generation need to be filled.
- Budget Preparation & Cash Flow Projections
All businesses can benefit from a budget and a periodic comparison to that budget to analyze what areas need attention and highlight needed changes. This can also emphasize successful areas that can be made more profitable. A budget can easily be converted to a cash flow projection, or the cash flow projection can be done as a stand-alone calculation.
- Strategic Business Planning
Strategic business planning can take many forms: long-term business planning based on market research; cash management strategies; profitability analysis of certain products, services, processes or jobs. We use the experience gained assisting other companies and organizations to help you reach your goals.
- Sales & Acquisitions
We have experience representing both buyers and sellers and can customize our services to bring you the best value.